Recycle Right Campaign
Introducing Bloobin! NEA’s new recycling mascot, who’s on a mission to educate the public on how to #RecycleRight.
Around 40% of the contents in the blue recycling bins and recycling chutes cannot be recycled due to contamination by non-recyclable materials and food and liquid waste. Do the three steps below to #RecycleRight:
- CLEAN: No food, no liquids. Empty and rinse before recycling.
Let us do our part to #RecycleRight and recycle more!
ZeroPlastic SG Outreach: Bring Your Own Bag
We are proud to announce that ZeroPlastic’s BYO Bag program will be working in support of the Say YES to Waste Less (SYTWL) campaign, from 27 Sep – 7 Nov 21. ZeroPlastic SG’s outreach program is a Bring Your Own Bag initiative, where we reach out to hawker centres and other F&B outlets like coffee shops and mini-marts to encourage them to reduce their use of single-use plastic bags.
For more information on the SYTWL campaign, please visit go.gov.sg/sytwl
- ZeroPlastic SG’s outreach program is a Bring Your Own Bag initiative, where we reach out to hawker centres and other F&B outlets like coffee shops and mini-marts to encourage them to reduce their use of single-use plastic bags.
- We approach stalls at hawker centres and speak to the managers or owners asking about their plastic bag use. We try to encourage them to allow customers to bring their own bags such as cloth bags by explaining the cost-saving benefits due to reduced packaging.
- We also ask whether their stall would benefit from a donation of cloth bags. If yes, we go to the stall on another day and provide cloth bags that were collected during ZeroPlastic SG’s cloth bag drive.
- With the owner’s permission, we paste the ZeroPlastic SG Bring Your Own Bag sticker on the stall that encourages customers to bring their own bag and shows the stall’s commitment to reducing waste.
- Finally, we also discuss other waste-reducing measures such as allowing customers to bring their own cups and only providing plastic straws if customers ask for it.
The Conservation Convention
Marine Conservation-Themed Conference
- Theme: Marine Conservation
- Date: Saturday, 25thh September
- Time: 5:00-9:45 PM Singapore Time
- Organised by a group of high schoolers running sustainability-focussed non-profits in Singapore and India. ZeroPlastic SG and ZeroPlastic India are volunteer-based and are looking to create engagement with the youth in our communities through this conference.
- The event will feature 2 keynote speakers along with workshops on 5 key concepts relating to the plastic problem, its impact on marine life and marine conservation efforts . These include ocean acidification and innovations in reducing plastic waste such as plastic-eating bacteria
- The keynote speakers include Melissa Moi, the head of ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) at a major global bank and Savera Weerasinghe, a social entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Ananta Sustainables.
Sign Up Now!!
More Information on The Conference: https://bit.ly/3C6tRNM
Climate Youth Talk
VIRTUAL CLIMATE TALKS (POST-COVID)
We invited a set of young activists, passionate about climate change and UN SDG goals, from around the World to a Zoom conference call in order to discuss the future of our climate post-Covid times.
This conversation had 2 presentations about climate change issues in countries such as Afghanistan and Singapore as well as an open-discussion for each of the activists to share with the rest, the goals of their respective organisations and actions taken. The youth came together to propose solutions in order to try and combat the quickly deteriorating conditions in their respective countries.
Some of the organizations involved:
- Bye-bye plastic bags – Singapore
- FridaysForFuture – India
- YACA Philippines
- Reearth initiative
- FridaysForFuture – Israel
- We the planet
- Voice Nigeria
- Bye-bye plastic bags – Australia
- Make Manila plastic-free